The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for a comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment award in the position below:
Job Title: Care and Treatment Officer
Locations: Niger & Kwara
Reports to: Care and Support Specialist
- HIV care and support Officers will provide technical assistance in the implementation of Care and Support services in supported health facilities and communities under the supervision of the Care and Support Specialist.
- S/he will coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure enrollment and provision of requisite services to all enrolled HIV sub-populations.
- S/he will ensure HIV care and service provision at the facility and community and level is designed to demonstrate attribution to the 95:95:95 epidemic control goal
- The Care and Treatment Officer will provide Technical Assistance (hands-on mentorship) to adherence counselors, Nurses & other Health Care Workers in all facilities in their designated clusters on care and support services.
- Monitors and coordinates the daily patient care activities of the unit; schedules staff and patients to always ensure full coverage of patient care needs and to ensure effective patient services.
- S / he is to provide technical guidance to ACE partner CSOs in the Implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support
- Provides triage advice and guidance to physicians and staff referring patients to the clinic; oversees and monitors patient evaluation and treatment decisions.
- S / he will collaborate closely with the ACE team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV / AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design, and implementation of HIV Prevention / Care & Support activities; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries.
- Coordinates services with other patient care units as required; maintains communication with allied services and maintains community liaison as appropriate.
- Direct CSOs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles and build the capacity of CSOs and relevant GON staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Oversees and provides direct nursing evaluation and/or other related care and consultation to patients as required.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MBBS / B.Sc Nursing / RN with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counseling / PMTCT / TB programs in health facilities, mobile units, and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities
- Viable knowledge transfer techniques to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Knowledge and understanding of HAT services structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Ability to conduct patient evaluation and triage procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Advanced nursing skills
- Fluency in English and local language.
Deadline: 14th March, 2022 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.
- Please indicate the location from the options in the drop-down on the form.