Grand Pela Hotels & Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef de Partie (CDP)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To:Sous Chef/ Executive Chef
- As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products,recipes and preparation techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food cost son an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation,receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene,safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements,functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum of 3 years certification.
- At least 3 year’s experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
Deadline: 17th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.