Daltrade Nigeria Limited is the first Polish / Nigeria Joint ventures in Nigeria. The company was incorporated as a private limited company in 1962 with head office in Lagos. Manufacturers, suppliers of building and construction materials. Our products are manufactured in accordance with the European Union and Nigeria high quality standard.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / Legal Adviser
Employment Type: Full-time
- Keep proper records of the books of the Commission
- Record proceedings of the Board and its Committees
- Be responsible for the administration of the Secretariat
- Issue notices of meetings of the Board and its Committees
- Be responsible to the Managing Director and the Board
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law and corporate governance
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters of the institution and support in legal and compliance related matters
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that the institution meets its legal responsibilities under the Nigerian laws and regulations
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advice members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
Requirements / Skills
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc in Law with at least 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- BL, LLM and ICSAN is added advantage.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience in crisis management.
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance
- Deep understanding of budget and cost management
- In-depth knowledge of the public service principles and practices
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Advanced knowledge of administrative laws
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Influencing skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work.
Deadline: 12th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.