Chateux De Atlantique, a luxury Hotel in the heart of Victoria Island, Lagos, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Chef
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
- We areseeking to hire a Chef who will be responsible for directing the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of all foods according to the hotel menu.
- Plan and price menu items, order supplies and keep records and accounts.
- Supervises and participates in cooking and the preparation of foods.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Must possess a minimum of B.Sc or HND in Culinary and its related course
- 4 – 5 years work experience.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Chef
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
Deadline: 17th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: HRchateuxdeatlantique@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.