Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Janitor
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: HR Department
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reporting To: Human Resources Mobility Assistant
Proposed Start Date: March 2022
- We are looking for a Janitor who will be based in Abuja, FCT and report to the HR Mobility Assistant.
- He/she will be responsible for the office cleaning and environment including guesthouse cleaning.
- Do the laundry and other housekeeping activities
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other rooms in the guest house
- Take waste from kitchen to street as appropriate to ensure waste is collected
- Clean any waste from compound on a weekly basis
- Report all repairs and other housekeeping operation needs as soon as possible
- Ensure regular cleaning of windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Remove all stains on the wall and floors carefully without scratching surfaces, use appropriate reagents to remove all grease and stains
- Clean all door handles and knobs, top and body of the doors
- Make beds; change linens and towels. Maintain 2 sets of sheets and towels that are ‘assigned’ to the guestrooms.
- Minimum of a Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Previous experience in office and guesthouse cleaning
- Have the ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Have commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to communicate, read and write effectively in English
- Have high sense of integrity
- Have a good understanding of basic hygiene.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- N73,222 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
- 100% health care coverage
- Paid leave per year
- Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 21st March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.