Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Associate, Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Reference ID: req13004
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for up to 3.5 additional years
Project Overview and Role
- The objective of the SCALE project is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities.
- The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The SCALE project requires a highly motivated Knowledge Management (KM) Associate (KMA) to join its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Unit to help develop, coordinate and support the project’s KM Strategy and procedures, and advance the project’s efforts to surface and share stories, evidence and learning from project interventions.
- In this capacity, the KMA will contribute to the establishment of systems for gathering, reporting, disseminating, and documenting SCALE project performance and learning.
- S/he will develop and manage content for SCALE social media platforms and website.
- This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in how technology can help advance dissemination, learning, and networking
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit to develop a KM Strategy for SCALE and ensure its alignment with project goal and objectives.
- Develop and manage innovative and cost-effective online and offline KM tools and systems to consolidate, compile and disseminate information and knowledge generated from SCALE and its various partners.
- Coordinate, plan, and provide administrative support of periodic web-based meetings (webinars).
- Assist with the development and email distribution of SCALE newsletters and other external communications.
- Maintain web-based databases; edit and revise website page layouts; assist with audience surveys; organize and archive SCALE documents.
- Support preparation of high-quality project reports and documentation.
- Develop and manage SCALE databases and information systems and social media platforms.
- Serve as SCALE focal point for managing information requests.
- Keep abreast of development in the tools, trends, and practices in knowledge management to strengthen the capacity of SCALE and its partners in KM.
- Work closely with key partners to create networks and communities of practice for knowledge management and knowledge-sharing.
- Support the project Management Information System and initiate a Learning and KM Hub for SCALE.
- Support the communication of key messages, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Develop and disseminate information to familiarize target audiences with the project’s activities and learning.
- Collect and analyze data and results and evaluate progress in support of the project’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) plan.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned.
- A Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, knowledge Management, Public Policy Communications, or related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and/or communications and knowledge management tasks for development projects.
- Advanced competency in working in a web-based environment.
- Strong familiarity with social media tools and online social networking.
- Strong knowledge of the development industry.
- Learning skills including conceptual thinking, analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking; attention to detail; flexible and able to work efficiently with multiple tasks.
- Strong in written and spoken English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to connect with people and continuously expand networks to other knowledgeable persons.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Competency in graphic design software and understanding of website design and User Interface experience is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We cannot offer sponsorship for these positions. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently.
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered. This position will be based in our Abuja office only.
- Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.