Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau was established in 1989 and the academic activities commenced in May, 1990 with intake of 110 students spread in the school of Business Education and School of Industrial Education.
The Governing Council of Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer in the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing services for the entire College community
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments.
- Preparation of library Budgets.
- Engaging in matters of common interest.
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Principal Librarian or equivalent in academic library and must possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen(18) years cognate experience.
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course / council annual workshops.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Principal Librarian or its equivalent in academic library.
- Candidates should not be less than 59 years of age at the time of application.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment of the candidate is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Deadline: 15th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) and Fifteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address.
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Academic Honour and Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence.
- Present Employer, Status and Salary.
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Librarian” on the top left-hand comer and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1088, Gusau,
- Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the below address before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.