Lily Hospitals Limited is one of Nigeria’s growing networks of private healthcare institutions with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent clinical services. Since our inception under current management in 1998, we have remained at the forefront of providing and delivering quality patient-centered, responsive and technology-driven care across various locations in Nigeria to both citizens and foreign nationals.
We offer a wide range of integrated health services which include: IVF, ophthalmology, radio-diagnostics, laboratory, pre-medical and hyperbaric services, neonatology, ICU care, minimal access procedures and other general medical and surgical services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist (Hematology)
Location: Warri, Delta
- The role is responsible for the use of a wide range of analytical techniques for example, measurement of enzyme activities, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, the separation of molecules based on physical characteristics and immunoassays to determine the concentration of chemical constituents in a patient blood, urine and other bodily fluids.
- The work involves both manual techniques for which the biomedical scientist develops complex practical and interpretive skills and the operation and management of highly automated testing systems.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- Calibrating and Maintaining standard laboratory equipment, for example spectrophotometers, immune-analyzers, centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating sophisticated clinical chemistry equipment and occasional manual chemistries.
- Identifying the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Analyse blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Assist in prescribing specific types of treatment for individual patients.
- Produce quantitative data in the form of reports pertaining to tests done and provide key information to other clinicians about patient’s condition.
- Performing clinical validation: checking abnormal results identified by automated analyzers and deciding if further tests are necessary
- Take part in creating a diagnosis and a plan for the treatment.
- Select appropriate techniques for different types of chemical pathology analysis.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary turnaround time for reporting results is achieved.
- Implement quality control procedures both internal and external to maintain accurate results.
- Patient Care
- Convey relevant details of the procedures directly to patients in a clear, concise, and understanding manner.
- Data inputting and maintenance of the relevant database.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Maintain all laboratory instrumentations and equipments.
- Minimum Academic Qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) (Hematology option).
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body and must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Salary in line with industry standard.
Deadline: 30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.