Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative is a youth-led, impact-driven, result-oriented, non-profit and non-governmental organization that is committed to alleviating the sufferings of the vulnerable and most marginalized people in sub-Saharan Africa. The organization aims to bring about positive changes and to inspire the victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters, especially women and children, to attain self-reliance and sufficiency while providing access to equal opportunities through advocacy, collaborative networking, capacity building, and empowerment. We seek to enhance the ability of our clients to make integrated and right decisions through the many and varied programs that will help them physically, psychologically, and intellectually grow and thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Contract
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the coordination, and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning activities of the Project in two LGAs.
- He/she will support the development of a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project.
Program/project design and learning (5%):
- Help ensure that detailed and feasible project monitoring plans are developed that: i) provide an indicator matrix, ii) consider the ethical and safe collection and storage of data, iii) consider data quality audits, vi) consider storing, protecting, and sharing project documents;
- Closely work with Project Officer and Manager to make sure the Project has tested standard monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progress.
- Make sure the Project has accountability mechanisms up and running.
- Assist in conducting and documenting project learning, and sharing lessons learned and best practices, incorporating these into project implementation.
Monitoring and evaluation (65% of the time):
- Facilitate the preparations of monthly project activity plans including M&E plans.
- Work with project staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods to use.
- Work with project staff to ensure that the project work plans include monitoring activities (or that a stand-alone monitoring work plan is in place), is up-to-date and progress tracked.
- Work with project staff to develop, translate, pilot, and finalize data collection tools as needed.
- Work with projects to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and tracking sheets, and the data platform regularly.
- Work with project staff to track progress on action points related to implementation and M&E activities
- Work with project staff to provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Closely follow up the field data collection and flag the data collection issues to the Project Manager.
- Conduct data quality audits of project data to identify and resolve systemic problems affecting data quality
- Document findings from data quality audit and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access
- Document schedule of activities related to sharing reports with the project team.
Information management and reporting (20% of the time):
- Provide M&E inputs for regular analysis and action planning meetings to compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites.
- Identify issues requiring concerned staff attention.
- Extract lessons learned from projects, systematically document, and make them readily accessible to staff.
- Support Project Manager and Officers to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and tracking sheets, and/or the data platform regularly.
Staff capacity building (5% of the time):
- Train Project staff in data collection methods, management, analysis, and how to use data for decision making
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor (5% of the time):
- Perform other tasks as necessary and given by his/her supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to Project Manager.
- Position directly supervises: Data Collectors and Community Volunteers
- Indirect Reporting: Response Manager, Director of Programmes.
- Internal: Project staff, HR/Admin Staff, Finance Unit.
- External: Donor staff and M&E Team, Local Communities, Government Authorities
- University Degree (Statistics, Social Science, Development Economics, or a related discipline)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- An excellent database, data management, and data analysis skills, with experience using at least two software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Kobo Collect launching and deployment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The RIA Initiative and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the i-CHAIR values – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Compassion, Humanity Accountability, Impact, and Respect. In accordance with these values, the RIA Initiative operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Gender-equality, Whistle-blowing, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- Gender Equality: RIA Initiative is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- RIA Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- RIA Initiative considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.