Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the COO
Division/Department: COO’s Office
- The Executive Assistant provides executive and administrative support to the COO and other executives geared towards achieving business objectives.
- Assignments typically cover a broad range of complex business management responsibilities usually involving confidential and/or technical information. He/She will also be required to co-ordinate and work across the disciplines such as surface and subsurface engineering, field operations, finance, audit and legal counsel to ensure timely delivery, and that value is maximized. The EA is also charged with researching, assembling and analyzing fairly complex data and other background material required for taking key day to day business decisions, and describing results in presentations and papers for the COO’s use.
- The role oversees administrative procedures and processes for the COO’s Office, usually acting as the administrative liaison with internal and/or external sources and represents the COO at various meetings or external events as may be delegated. He/she ensures budget preparation and control, handles critical business correspondence, and coordinates the activities of the various office support personnel in the COO’s Office.
- The position incumbent is also responsible for identifying, gathering and communicating state regulatory, political actions and issues that may impact Oando’s business and operations, and works closely with the relevant departments across the company to ensure relevant and timely information is given to stakeholders in this regard.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide necessary assistance to the COO in the formulation and execution of Oando’s Vision, short and long term objectives, plans, and policies.
- Support the COO in the development and implementation of corporate objectives, proper operating plans and budgets
- Assist the development and implementation of broad policies governing all aspects of business operations and administration and helps the COO with analysis required in monitoring corporate performance, and to ascertain progress toward the attainment of stated business objectives.
- Coordinate Project Opportunity Framing Sessions, and support the development and implementation of technical and commercial input to asset strategies
- Assess delivery performance of strategic actions, intervene as deemed necessary to resolve attendant issues based on agreed KPIs
- Support the COO in the provision of key information to various internal and external stakeholders as regards asset operations, regulatory issues, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, business performance and other pertinent issues.
Function & Job Descriptions
- Provide input to the identification of business, regulatory, operational and performance risks, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Monitor business and project plans, activity status reports and financial statements to determine progress towards attaining objectives; suggests revisions and required alignments to Group and Company goals & plans based on current business realities and conditions.
- Mentor and provide guidance and coaching to direct reports on their daily activities, annual goals and conduct their performance review and rating in line with OER’s Core Values
- Develop communication material (e.g. presentations and research papers) at the COO’s behest and may deliver same on his behalf.
- Schedules and coordinates important meetings/events on behalf of the COO.
- Monitor asset developments plans including drilling, completion, repairs, enhancements & optimizations are implemented in alignment with agreed Corporate Annual Business plan
- Perform various forms of business, financial and technical analysis; compiles reports providing critical information to the COO and other key Executives for decision making.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the COO from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adequacy of business and technical administrative support provided to the COO
- Effectiveness of processes & systems in enabling the business
- Extent to which operating plans and activities are driven by Corporate/Company Strategies
- Quality, depth and adequacy of business reports/papers developed or presented
- Quality, adequacy, timeliness and effectiveness of recommendations for process & systems changes in enabling business performance improvements
Qualifications & Experience
- 1st Degree in Business Administration, Economics or other related area
- 5 years experience within a reputable corporate organization
- An MBA is an advantage
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Local and International Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics (including some knowledge of hydrocarbon value chain, laws and regulations)
- Cost/Management Accounting (B/Sheet, P&L analysis, key ratios)
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- Business Performance Monitoring
- Political Savvy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply