Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Compliance Officer, Nigeria
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Compliance & Risk
- Flutterwave is looking for a Product Compliance Officer to evaluate the potential compliance risks of any new or existing product, feature, or vertica.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Compliance, Risk, Legal, etc) to evaluate the potential compliance risks of any new or existing product, feature, or vertical
- Provide general AML/compliance advisory to Product Teams,Expansion, Growth, Engineering, Customer Experience, on behalf of the broader Compliance function
- Gather and track implementation of product-specific Compliance requirements to support launch milestones (e.g. alpha, beta, general availability). Where significant changes in timeline or obstacles are known, Product Compliance Officers are expected to communicate and/or resolve these in a timely manner
- Support expansion for new payments product launches by scoping, defining and communicating product and compliance requirements
- Participate in the review and negotiation of partner contracts to ensure consistency with existing processes and systems or highlight changes needed to integrate for future growth plans
- Determine compliance requirements for domestic and international markets
- Advise Payments Product team on Compliance operational process and regulatory requirements across various markets
- Design go-to market strategies that comply with applicable regulatory obligations for all Payments products, initiatives and strategies
- Build a tactical road-map and set goals that align with strategic product roadmap
- Design and draft all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
- Participate in annual risk assessments and audits
- Manage transitions between project stages and ensure that changes are consistent with organisational goals.
Required Competencies and Skills to be a Waver
- 5+ years experience in applicable payments, card networks, and money transmission rules and regulations
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Global AML Compliance and Banking regulations
- Knowledge of Customer underwriting, Risk assessment and Risk Management
- Experience drafting policies and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills coupled with the ability to drive consensus.
- SQL, Data science knowledge is an added advantage.
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Contribute to other needs within the Internal Products team as may be required from time to time
- Must be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online