The Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Director
Location: Abuja, with travels to other parts of Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Programme Team and the CEO
Contract Length: 4 years, renewable yearly
- Contribute to closing the gender gaps in Nigeria’s governance process under the institutional mandate of NWTF.
- Fundraising, Programme Management, Strategy Development Documentation, Networking and Alliances building, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Women Trust Fund
- Apply proven experience in governance and women’s leadership, program development, implementation and demonstrated experience in grant-making or related activities to prepare funding proposals and periodically prepare work plans.
- Conduct regular analysis of gender and development issues on inclusive and participatory democracy in line with the NWTF’s thematic priorities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the NWTF’s strategy.
- Contribute to the development of thematic work output particularly on resource mobilization to support women’s active participation in governance, gender advocacy and leadership development.
- Apply proven experience in governance, women’s leadership, and participation to manage program development, implementation and grant-making or related activities to prepare funding and project proposals, and periodically prepare work plans.
- Facilitation of dialogue, meetings, workshops and seminars with government representatives, civil society, and international development partners.
- Pursue alliances, network, and collaboration with organizations with similar or complimentary thematic focus.
- Identify opportunities and aid in developing relationships for promoting women’s leadership political participation.
- Maintain accurate records and monitor the performance and impact of all programme/project implementation to capture the lessons learned.
- Coordinate database, projects, activities, documents, processes, collation of statistics on women’s leadership and political participation, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate the programme team.
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the CEO.
- Advance Degree or certification in Gender and Development Studies, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Law, Development Studies, Media, Communications, Sociology, Political Science, Public Policy and Management or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years knowledge and working experience of gender mainstreaming, fundraising, promoting gender equality in electoral and governance processes
- Previous relevant professional work experience in international organizations and / or non-governmental agencies involved in women’s leadership and development
- Knowledge of the landscape for addressing barriers to women’s leadership and inclusion in Nigeria and Africa preferable.
- Previous experience of providing technical assistance to enable institutions including public, private, and civil society organizations) to mainstream gender considerations.
Competitive and negotiable with one year contract renewable. NWTF is an equal opportunity employer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply