Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Media
- The Program Officer – Media assists the Senior Program Officer – Media in developing and implementing innovative media-based Social and Behavior Change Communications strategies for BA Nigeria.
- S / he will work with media partners to develop content for SBCC content for all health areas being implemented by the project.
Specific Duties include:
- Lead the development of media content (radio and TV) according to needs of programmatic units, including working with production agencies, or coordination outsourced production work to consultants, or performing recording and production independently.
- Lead or support the scriptwriting process for media content in coordination with BA-N programmatic units.
- Provide technical and editorial support to media content producers in BA-N broadcast stations;
- Build the capacity of content producers in BA-N project states to become script to screen producers;
- Work closely with the M&E team to ensure outputs are relevant to the information needs of the participating audience;
- Maintain and management relationship with all internal and external media/project stakeholders;
- Keeping good records of all BA-N’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Work closely with the Programme Officer 2-Documentation and Knowledge Management to ensure project successes are well captured and documented;
- Other duties as assigned by the SPO – Media.
Skills and Qualifications
- An HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Media Studies or similar Arts or Social Sciences fields.
- Previous experience of producing radio or TV content for development
- Good understanding of audience research and application of research findings;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects in related tasks
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Radio and TV production skills, report writing skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and media softwires and applications e.g. Adobe Audition and Premier Pro
Deadline: 16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the emaile.g., “Program Officer – Media, Abuja”.