Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning
Location: Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Fixed Term
- The Senior Technical Officer – M&E, Research and Learning (MERL) is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for the state office.
- S/he will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Manage the state office’s reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required, work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Also, s/he will support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools, conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
- Also, s/he will provide leadership to the state office and field level M&E program, provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements, provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensure that locally employed monitoring and evaluation staff, consultants and AHNi partners understand and can support these requirements.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
Application Deadline 18th March, 2022.