Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Vacancy ID: VAC-7034
Location: Different location in Nigeria
Start Date: 10-Apr-2022
Duration: 1 year
Project Reporting: Report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate
Overview of the Position
- Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate.
- holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision.
- They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
- To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with our client warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Key Responsibilities (Not All-inclusive, Nor Exhaustive)
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with our client established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following our client warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant to the role. (desirable).
- Sector experience: Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Logistics experience (essential).
- Geographical experience: Minimum of 1 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
- No but overseeing loading/offloading.
Deadline: 8th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online