Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student Performance Specialist
Job ID: 2022-2444
Category: Program Management
Reporting & Supervision: The Student Performance Specialist will report to the State Regional Advisor (Launching State)
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- Work closely with Senior Data Systems and MERLA Advisors to provide TA to states to ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with program results and track activity progress towards achieving targets and results.
- Support program effectiveness evaluation, including quality implementation of early grade literacy assessment.
- Coordinate logistics for field-based monitoring and evaluation specialists, and any other staff responsible to performance monitoring, oversight, and data collection and reporting.
- Ensures timely data collection, quality assurance, and reporting, including lessons learned.
- Implements CLA system.
- Prepares assigned research analyses / reports.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Data Systems, Statistics or related field preferred, Master’s degree required.
- At least four (4) years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least two years data system design and management.
- At least one year of supervising experience required if supervising employees.
- International development experience, particularly in education and student performance and assessment.
- Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.