Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branding / Media and Communications Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy Development & Implementation:
- Drive the development and implementation of SOSF Communications Strategy to the key target audience.
- Development and implementation of the departmental budget and annual workplan, including implementation & continuous update of the organization’s content calendar
- Handle strategic external communication planning and implementation including development of brand & marketing collateral, coordination of events, and building & maintaining strategic alliances
- Develop diverse brand material and communication tools for official website, social media (such as newsletters, YouTube, Instagram etc) and other traditional media platforms
Partner and stakeholder relations:
- Prepare communication and fundraising materials, coordinate fundraising drives and onboard and manage partners & stakeholders
- Source and Coordinate SOSF external media engagements and visibility across seminars, conferences and roundtables
- Organize and lead strategic events and activities
- Production of quality and timely content to highlight SOSF achievements across its 3 pillars for stakeholder and partner relations.
External Engagement and Media Relations:
- Prepare the SOSF team for media and public speaking opportunities and act as editor for external communications materials
- Represent SOSF in various communications forums and meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts and key public sector allies.
Social and Traditional Media Management:
- Manage, maintain and update SOSF social media platforms (website, blog, Youtube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) using creative content and leveraging on effective storytelling
- Conduct continuous research on education, employability, entrepreneurship trends and insights to inform our audience
- Maintain and coordinate usage of, and manage a media archive and information resource centre eg Pictures, videos, research, reports, etc
- A University Degree in Public Relations, Languages, English, Communications, Mass communications, Theatre Arts, Drama, Film, Business Management or a related field of study
- Minimum three years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably in an NGO, or in a corporate organization.
- Marketing and fundraising experience is a plus
- Experience writing for different purposes
- Experience with engaging and contacts in traditional media
- Experience with storytelling, especially for development
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in media and communication space
- Creativity and Strategic Thinking skills
- Ability to prioritise work, and meet deadlines
- Track record in brand management and development of brand collateral
- Strong stakeholder management skills is a plus
- Ability to analyse and present detailed information
- Ability to take proactive actions that are necessary to produce results and work independently/with little guidance.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent skills in social media platform usage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
Deadline: 16th April, 2022.