Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FIG Banker / Relationship Manager
Job Req ID: 22466846
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Job Family Group: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
- The FIG business in Nigeria is responsible for managing Citi relationships with individual FIs as well as the FI sector as a whole.
- This relationship responsibility includes business development and monitoring/management of obligor and systemic risks that Citi is exposed to by operating in the Nigerian Financial industry.
- Consequently, the Banker is required to have a thorough understanding of the range of Citi’s FI products; the credit and compliance risks of the FIs in its Target Market as well as the dynamics and developments of the banking industry as a whole.
- The Banker plays an important coordinating role in ensuring that the Citibank network delivers to his/her FI customer base.
- The Banker is required to have adequate product knowledge to be able to identify business opportunities in these various product areas and the ability to coordinate product support from the specialist product groups to convert marketing pitches into business revenues.
- The Banker is the Responsible Officer for managing the credit and compliance risks for all assigned FI names. This includes obtaining all necessary credit approvals to run the business and allocating credit lines offshore to support the correspondent banking business.
- The Banker is the primary contact for all assigned FIs and the responsibility for the relationship rests with the Banker. Profitably managing the pricing / utilization of the various offshore products, in particular the cross-border lines, is also one of the key RM responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all banking relationships generate agreed minimum revenues using strategic pricing of all products and through cross–sell while protecting Citi from industry risks.
- Prospecting and executing episodic (Capital Markets / Advisory) mandates with significant revenue upside.
- Manage Citi’s relationship with assigned FIs in the industry.
- Responsible for building strong multi-layered relationships with the client organization and having a sound understanding of all facets of the client’s business.
- Responsible for understanding and monitoring developments in the banking industry as a whole.
- Maximize all new and existing revenue-making opportunities (through active collaboration with product partners / groups) while minimizing / mitigating Citi’s exposure to all credit, compliance and franchise risks.
- Establish well-defined marketing plans / calling program for achieving revenue targets through origination of new business and deepening of existing business.
- Track client revenues and business volumes on weekly/monthly basis against agreed targets and implement measures where necessary to ensure that assigned targets are met/exceeded
- Ensure satisfaction of client base through efficient delivery of offshore products (by offshore delivery centers) and prompt resolution of customer service issues (by local and offshore Client Delivery teams)
- Minimize the Bank’s exposure to credit risks by proactive / early problem recognition of Obligor and Industry credit risks
- Make regular calls on clients and industry players to continuously deepen knowledge of customer’s business and banking industry as a whole and develop new business / cross-sell opportunities – including Corporate Finance & Investment Banking opportunities.
- Make regular executive visits on client decision makers including C-Suite with meaningful dialogue.
- Manage pricing of the various products in collaboration with product partners (particularly TTS products) in order to maximize profitability and earnings growth while remaining competitive in the market
- Coordinate the roles of various internal / external parties in ensuring that the Citi network delivers to his/her FI customer base.
- Manage the credit offering / extension for all assigned FI names – as the business credit officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Degree
- Master’s Degree or recognized professional qualification is mandatory
- 15 years minimum post-graduation experience
- 10 years minimum in Banking
- Experience in at least 3 arears of banking operations is required
- Sound credit knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of local banking industry including relevant policies and regulations
- Strong understanding banking needs of clients and key revenue streams
- Knowledge of Citi’s policies, procedures and business ethics (an advantage) as well as those of the local banking industry
- Strong sales / marketing ability
- Knowledge of Trade products will be an advantage.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationship with clients at different layers of the client organization
- Strong execution skills / ability to sustain tempo of transactions and defend wallet share.
- Ability to deliver on stretch goals.
- Ability to leverage the Citi Network (an advantage)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good numeric and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations / requirements.
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to relate to seniors internally/externally and build relationships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online