The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning & Development / Human Resource Officer (Maternity Cover)
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: HR
Grade: Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Start Date – End Date: 1st June 2022 – 31st January 2023
Main Purpose of Job
- The Corporate Services Learning & Development (L&D)/Human Resource (HR) Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Corporate Services Lagos, and dotted line reporting to the Network HR Manager in Abuja.
- The candidate will assist the Corporate Services Team in Lagos, effectively and efficiently managing day to day L&D/HR functions in line with our Operating Procedures.
- The Corporate Services L&D/HR Officer will be responsible and accountable for delivering high quality customer service as well as provide appropriate and swift administrative business support.
Roles and Responsibilities / What Will the Jobholder be Expected to Achieve
Learning and Development (L&D):
- Play a proactive and leading role in delivering a comprehensive L&D offer to all staff across the Nigeria Network.
- Supporting Senior Management, the DART, the L&D Committee, L&D Champions, Line Mangers and individuals in carrying out a Learning Needs Analysis (identifying needs and implementing learning activities and evaluating impact).
- Supporting senior management across the Nigeria Network on the L&D response to Staff Survey Outcomes and other feedback. Working with the DART and others implement agreed learning activities.
- Act as secretariat to the L&D committees across the Nigeria network and support the Nigeria Network HR Manager in ensuring the L&D Champions, managers and individuals understand their roles and that clear lines of communication are established and maintained between all stakeholders.
- Manage the Nigeria Network L&D budget ensuing both forecasts and spend are tracked accurately and efficiently. Hold Government Procurement Card for L&D spend if required (i.e. where staff do not yet have their own card or for post organised learning events).
- Partner with the HR hub and the Nigeria Network HR Manager as well as senior management (and other stakeholders) in line with the HR Operating Model, covering Recruitment, enquiries, pay & benefits and performance and talent management. This will include:
- Supporting recruitment by providing a link between hiring managers and the HR Hub, assisting with the creation of job adverts, sifting, interviewing and logistics. Providing support on induction.
- Proving support and assisting managers and the HR Hub with HR enquires including grievances and discipline, helping to escalate issues as required. Supporting the issue of official notices and letters as required.
- Supporting Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) and Pay reviews and helping to ensure the HR hub have accurate and timely information on payroll (overtime, leave, allowances etc.) for all staff.
- Organize logistics for HR related training events and induction days.
- Manage third party relationships with our external service providers e.g. Health Management Organizations, Life Assurance Broker, Pension Fund Administration. Proving support to staff and liaising with providers to ensure the correct level of service is provided.
- Provide cover for the HR Manager based in Abuja
- Provide support for all other Corporate Services functions including supporting the Corporate Services Team to meet tasks as required.
- To perform all duties according to the standards set out by Corporate Services Charter.
- Staff and expenditure: Local L&D Budget.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum Requirement: Training Diploma
- 3 years minimum experience in Learning & Development
- 3 years minimum experience HR
- Basic finance processes experience
- Events coordination experience
- Microsoft office word, powerpoint and excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and initiative
- Good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organising skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- HR Professional Qualification – CIPD
- HR Diploma
- Payroll experience.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
NGN 573,296.78 monthly.
Deadline: 3rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to Obtain the relevant permit; Pay fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.