Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill thr position below:
Job Title: Port Captain
Location: Bonny, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Port Captain is responsible for the smooth transition of the cargo, so that it reaches its destination on time. To perform this role, the port captain will need to be in close contact with the NPA and Customs Authorities and stevedores.
- The Port captain is responsible for the efficient use of port facilities and resources with specific responsibilities for health, safety, and security.
- Roles include managing vessel loading and discharge, managing safety, managing staff, as well as daily reports to Management with respect to daily delivery operations at the ports.
- The Port Captain will work closely with and report daily to the MOF Coordinator..
- Drive and improve MOF productivity and reduce vessel port stay by aligning with the marine berth and schedule teams at the MOF area
- Consult maps, charts, weather reports, or navigation equipment to determine and direct ship movements.
- Ensure all vessel certificates are current and up to date as necessary
- Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
- Direct courses and speeds of ships, based on specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, water depths, tides, currents, and hazards.
- Work, with MOF coordinator, on the daily progress report of vessels in field operation.
- Perform constant analysis of operational execution for the onsite location followed by reviews and improvement plans for submission to the MOF Coordinator.
- Provide operational support and monitor Deck Officers’ competency in Navigational requirements.
- Ensure the Port Authorities and Stevedore execute the plans for each vessel
- Follow up with crew personnel in cooperation with the crew department to ensure compliance with the Safety and Environmental Standards required by any relevant party.
- Provide technical solutions to engineering challenges on the vessels, with focus on its conformity.
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of vessels in ship survey status, ensuring compliance with NPA and NIMASA’s requirements.
- Ensure that any deficiency that arises is immediately rectified and reported accordingly.
- Provide accurate capability assessment report and conduct sea trial at Shipyards
- Ensure that all operational information is forwarded to the vessel and adhered to
- Provide training for staff at port in operational areas, as required, prior to their practical and theoretical competency check.
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required for barges and vessels
- Perform all necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
- Coordinate and direct the operations of the Vessel-Barges, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Ensure Lost Time Injuries (LTI) are reduced to zero throughout the year at all company’s locations.
- Oversee the activities of vessel deck department members and other technical officers.
- Supervise loading of trucks and barges for general cargo shipments
- Supervise all container empty returns within the port
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nautical Science / Marine / Engineering related degrees or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel and Outlook).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply