Bankly is a financial technology company pushing the boundaries in cash digitization and data-led consumer services. Since 2019, Bankly has been focused on building the infrastructure to serve Nigeria’s informal segment and so far we’ve served ~35000 customers across our network of ~15,000 agents around Nigeria. We’re building a bank for the financially underserved.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software QA Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Software QA Engineer will be focused on testing large sustain engineering efforts that extend the life of our current platform.
- The candidate will be proficient with agile development processes and best practices in addition to being an expert in testing .Net applications and server architecture.They also work with other departments in Technology to facilitate maintenance efforts.
- Develop focused test plans.
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Participates in agile estimation taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle
- Assists in the process with development in order to provide timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues
- Engineering expert that can reverse engineer the most difficult defects, UX issues, source of dirty data and configuration errors. Ability to reconstruct these complex issues into a clear proof for development to fix.
- Understands the quality portion of building, packaging and deploying code. Identify patterns that need to be addressed from a quality perspective prior to hitting QA environments.
- Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and meet project goals
- Able to design test plan for future requirements
- Set up and maintain testing environments
- Utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Follows defined engineering process during the development lifecycle
- Performs peer test reviews to identify improvements to test plans
- Recognized as an expert in one or more areas of product functionality
- Provides technical leadership and influence to other team members
- Coordinates his/her own work as well as the work required from others
- Fosters teamwork within the group, proactively mentors, develops team members
- Demonstrates mastery of problem solving skills-test plans seldom require re-work
- Uses customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to measure the quality of a better product/service.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university or related industry experience required. 4+ years of previous software testing and test plan designer experience or 5+ years as a software engineer and 6+ months of testing experience
- 5+ years experience as a test engineer.
- Proven experience in test plan design
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the deliverable created during the development lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking ability and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with relevant quality assurance industry standard best practices and methodologies
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in creating test solutions.
- Use of defect tracking tools similar to JIRA.
- Must have experience with test repositories like Testlink, qTest, Testuff, TFS, etc.
- Understanding of executing test automation and interpreting results.
- Proficient in Window and Linux based OS, browser, server technologies.
- Proficient in all forms of functional testing across all browsers and devices.
- Proficient in non-functional testing like security, performance, PCI compliance.
- Proficient in SQL.
Deadline: 26th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.