Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Operator
Job Number: 22068976
Location: Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Ladi Kwali Way, Abuja
Job Category: Information Technology
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Troubleshoot and repair technical problems or issues related to computer hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems.
Refer major hardware/software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment (e.g., printers) to integrate and operate equipment. Maintain and upgrade hardware and software, including peripherals (e.g., printers, scanners) and website technical architecture related to hardware and telecommunication connectivity.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information. Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.