Bristow Group Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated, and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. Bristow has proudly served the offshore oil transport industry in major exploration and production arenas for more than 50 years and has been responsible for many industry-leading technological innovations.
Bristow currently has major helicopter transportation operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Russia and Trinidad.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Aviation Safety Officer
Job Requisition Id: R-0002377
Locations: Lagos, Eket – Akwa Ibom, Port Harcourt – Rivers
Job Type: Full time
- To initiate and monitor Air Safety matters in base day to day operations.
- To bring to the attention of the Chief Pilot those Air Safety matters which require attention.
- Maintain close liaison with the Managing / Chief Pilot and his deputies on all matters pertaining to air safety matters.
- Assisting with the establishment of flying procedures in consultation with the Head of Flight Operations and Training Manager for new operations, monitoring and compilation of Base Instructions.
- The promotion and maintenance of the Aviation Safety Programme including suggesting relevant amendments on Safety subjects to the Company Operations Manual.
- Monitoring Company operations for compliance with the Safety Management System procedures.
- Liaison with the Quality and Safety Department to ensure synergy of QMS functions between engineering and operations.
- Oversee the conduct of a minimum of four operational internal inspections per annum on the operation and report on methods for promoting and improving overall safety and quality of the operation.
- Provision of advice regarding standardization of safety equipment.
- Liaison with the Training Department regarding ensuring safety related training is conducted for all employees as applicable.
- Promoting safety awareness amongst customers.
- Compiling the monthly Safety Update.
- Organize, chair and minute Flight Safety meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Review flight and ground operations to detect and correct unsafe practices.
- Review all accident/incident reports submitted and bring any relevant information to the notice of all pilots and engineers.
- Maintain ready-reference files on aviation safety literature and compile lists of all desirable publications.
- Update NOTAM board with landing site hazards and restrictions as dictated by the Chief Pilot and Training Department. Keep the Safety Notice Board updated with all aspects of operational safety.
- Monitor procedures, techniques and proficiency of dispatchers and aircrew in the handling of passengers and cargo.
- Monitor the status of landing sites and maintain the currency of the landing site status report. Ensure the status of the landing sites are readily accessible to crews for preflight planning.
- Liaison with Base Management / CPs /PICs that the Operations Manual Part C is regularly updated with relevant changes to the landing sites being used by the various operations
- Ensuring Base Inspections are periodically done across the bases.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Pilot License
- Minimum of 5 years’ line experience as an Aircraft Pilot
- Must have good a Knowledge of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations (NCARs).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and be able to work with a large and varied workload.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team.
- Must have analytical skills.
- Must be a good team player / must be pro-active
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online