Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Staff
What does Chief of Staff mean at Paystack?
- Paystack has grown exponentially since its inception and is at an inflexion point in its journey following the Stripe acquisition.
- To continue on this trajectory, we are looking for someone to amplify the CEO’s capacity and impact as a Chief of Staff.
- This is a very entrepreneurial role. You will have a unique vantage point into one of the most remarkable tech companies on the African continent.
- No two days will look the same. It is an intense and accelerated training into what it takes to build and scale a high growth start-up.
- You will report to the CEO and will be located in one of our Paystack markets (Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, or Kenya) with potential flexibility for locations across Europe, Africa, or the Middle East that are +/- 3 hours from the WAT timezone.
- What kind of work will you be doing?
- You will spend most of your time working on tasks that should ideally have been done by the CEO (if he had 48 hours in a day!). Some tasks will be urgent escalations that take a few hours and others will be multi-week initiatives. Most of the work will fall into the following buckets:
- Operations and Special Projects
- Partnerships and Business Development.
What does it take to be successful?
- The ideal candidate is someone who has a high intellectual capacity, is effective in generating results, and will embody our values.
High intellectual capacity:
- A logical thinker and strong communicator
- Good business instincts; ability to quickly understand the key drivers of our business
- Great product sense; ability to evaluate product experiences and user needs, and logically identify and prioritize potential solutions/improvements.
- Creative and curious. Comfortable in bringing new perspectives to the discussion
Effective in generating results:
- Strong bias towards action
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously, work with ambiguity and context-switch easily
- Great at catching things in flight, creating alignment and growing it methodically
- Self-starter and comfortable making decisions quickly with little to no supervision in fast-paced environments (You work well alone but also with people and across teams (including remote teams).
Embodies the Paystack values:
- Inspired and excited by our mission of accelerating digital payments and empowering businesses in Africa
- Grit and willingness to do what it takes (even when a task isn’t glamorous)
- Ability to see problems from others’ perspectives (empathy)
- Kind, respectful and self-aware.
Skills / Experience:
It’s a plus if?
- You have experience working in a high-growth, post-Series B company
- Industry experience working in technology, payments or financial services
- You have experience working in Africa and/or with multicultural teams.
- Competitive salary
- Stripe Equity compensation
- Flexible working environment (including work from home budgets)
- Full medical coverage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply