Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a Multispecialty, Tertiary Care Private Hospital in Nigeria. They offer care across a range of specialty medical and surgical services and they deliver high quality, and accessible healthcare to communities in Lagos and Nigeria at large. The focus of our client is to deliver medical excellence and global standards of quality service, providing exceptional patient care through outstanding medical outcomes and high-quality nursing care. The hospital is looking for leaders who are ready to contribute to the achievement of these goals.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Neurosurgeon
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department / Division: Surgery
Reports to: Head of Department / CMO
- The objective of this role is to manage specialty development in the hospital effectively and efficiently while providing excellent medical services to clients and patients with utmost respect and courtesy to give a satisfactory customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Care and management of specialty cases. Evaluate patients and carry out appropriate medical treatment plan.
- Attending to emergency calls as it arises.
- Conduct regular ward rounds and more frequently for critically ill patients
- Conduct specialist outpatient clinics
- Document all patient evaluations, investigations, treatments, medications and transactions according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Development and compliance with clinical practice guidelines and pathways
- Carry out procedures as granted and approved in clinical privilege document
- Supervision of medical officers and nurses whenever necessary.
- Manage patients’ and their relatives’ expectations with adequate information with regards to treatment options and outcomes, discharge and billing.
- In liaison with the medical officer, nursing and billing teams, ensure billing formalities, necessary certificates, discharge summaries, take home medication and subsequent appointments are properly filled and kept ready in advance.
- Deal with patients constructively and honestly and manage their grievances.
- Keeping abreast of the latest medical information through continuous medical education, formal education and personal professional development.
- Managing junior staff in the performance of their clinical duties
- Maintaining a portfolio of continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
- Facilitate and make clinical & non-clinical presentations at hospital clinical meetings as assigned
- Observing and staying up-to-date with the laws and statutory codes of medical practice
- Performing other applicable tasks and duties as assigned by the HOD and Medical Director / CMO.
- Membership of hospital committee as assigned
- Abiding by the hospital rules, protocols and standard practices.
Requisite Education, Experience and Formal Training
- MBBS or its equivalent
- Residency training and Specialty Fellowship from recognized and accredited institutions
- Relevant certifications in BLS, ACLS and core specialty
- Post Fellowship Specialty knowledge and experience for at least 3 years.
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with valid practice license.
- Professional competence
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Active listening
- Teaching and mentoring skills
- A ‘cool head’ in emergency situations
- Respect for patients and keeping good relations with colleagues.
- Professional and ethical.
Deadline: 28th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “Neurosurgeon” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Further enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org