The Lagos State University (LASU), located at Ojo, was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Internal Audit
- The Governing Council of Lagos State University hereby announces that the position of Director, Internal Audit will be vacant by July, 202. In consonance with the Logos State University Law (2004) and in exercise of the power contained therein, the Governing Council has decided to begin the process of appointing a new Director, Internal Audit.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be holders of good Honours Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting from a recognized institution with a minimum of Fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience PLUS Final Certificate of ICAN / ACA / ACCA / ANAN / ACMA with Nine (9) years post qualification experience.
- The possession of relevant Masters Degree is compulsory.
- The appointment of Director, Internal Audit, however, for a single TERM of five(5) years.
- Candidates for the positions of Director, Internal Audit must not be above the one of sixty (60) years by July, 2022.
Remuneration includes Basic Salary of CONUNASS 15 and other benefits and allowances that apply to the Director, Internal Audit in Nigerian Public Universities, as may be approved by the Governing Council, Lagos State University.
Deadline: 7th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with Fifteen (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality (If Nigerian, indicate State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number AND Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Statement of Experience Including details of former and present position
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and Integrity
- Contact Address (Including telephone number(s) AND e-mail address).
All applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, with the envelop marked “Post of Director, Internal Audit, LASU”, sealed, addressed and submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Vice Chancellor’s Office,
Babatunde Raji Fashola Senate Building,
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interview with the Selection Board at a DATE that will be formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.