Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities and Security Coordinator
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for all physical security and risk vulnerability inspections, evaluations, and recommendations for employee/equipment movement across locations.
- Overall responsibility for advising the top management on all applicable security engagements.
- Coordinate facility maintenance activities to ensure safe and clean working environment.
- Coordinate timely responses on facility, security and maintenance updates and requests.
- Develop and implement procedure for managing all Husk Nigeria facilities and locations, ensuring efficient and timely action is taken for required remediation as necessary.
- Review facilities’ designs and advise on locations for holding sensitive materials.
- Overall responsibility for facility management and engagement with employees, stakeholders and suppliers/vendors on best practices for ensuring facilities maintenance is priority.
- Conduct and report on security assessment on proposed locations prior to entry.
- Act as first point of contact with all security personnel at Husk locations for effective coordination of security within these locations.
- Train and supervise all field personnel on self-preservation basics and security awareness.
- Participating in surveillance and recommending actions to avoid conditions conducive to security threats such as vandalism, terrorism, kidnapping or theft.
- Access threats and security compromises of staff and equipment during field engagements between staff and various stakeholders and conduct proper de-escalation procedures.
- Lead engagements with all relevant security agencies and community security apparatus.
- Lead recommendations for best practices in efficiently mitigating theft, damage and other security related risks
- Overall responsibility for security coordination and journey management.
- Research and analyse security-related information from a variety of local and international media sources, in order to produce a formal weekly security updates.
- Ensuring that procedures and requests related to physical security are efficiently treated, such as: issuing/revoking access cards, regulating visits by consultants, subcontractors, etc. and coordinating alarm system operations.
- Evaluate clearances for management and personnel according to the information and property they may access.
- Ensure that contingency plans for Evacuation, Relocation, Hibernation, and Medical Evacuation is in place, disseminated and adopted amongst relevant employees, including a detailed contextual assessment and regular sitreps.
- Other admin related tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Does this Sound Like You?:
- Background in Security Studies, Security Management, Facilities Management, Project Management or Criminal Law.
- Postgraduate Degree and/or related professional qualifications, a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role, within the power/telecoms/banking sectors.
- Experience engaging with stakeholders in rural and peri-urban locations required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact with stakeholders, senior management, and law enforcement.
- Ingenuity and persistence to obtain case information not readily available with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good organizational skills needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations, safety protocols, maintenance planning/scheduling and investigation methods.
- Display good interviewing and interrogation skills along with the capability of drafting reports.
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Fair knowledge of Internet security and Fraud Mitigation.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint plus information analysis/reporting skills
- Fluency in major Nigerian languages, a plus
- Must be able to live and work out of Lafia and in/around rural off grid locations where Husk has its assets.
General Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently. Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Has a collaborative attitude and the ability to drive that through across other business units and work functions.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfil future potential. Contributes to the team ethos and instilling the values of Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Should possess requisite skill sets- active listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, critical thinking, performance monitoring, time management, people management, material resource management, effective time management, judgment and decision making, teaching, coaching, and social awareness.
- Should possess knowledge of applicable regulations, customer and personal service, administration and management.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required – a key requirement.
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must possess a driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check.
- You are driven to support the delivery of business growth in a new market.
- You have a robust recruiting network.
- You are an effective planner and have a strong orientation to process
- You enjoy building strong relationships built on trust, and are a strong verbal communicator
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online