Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Communications and Programs Manager
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Positions Supervised: Senior Informatics and Graphics Officer, KM & Communications officer and Graphics optimizer
- The Knowledge Management, Communications and Program Manager will provide leadership to improve the knowledge management systems for RISE and Jhpiego program and technical resources; enhance communication and visibility of project learning and support effective implementation of program implementation, reporting and documentation.
- The Manager will bridge the relevant work done by RISE and Jhpiego as well as harness and package this knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, client, and partner organization through sound program knowledge and experience
- Using existing promising and best practices, develop implementation strategies and contribute to the increasing pool of knowledge and experts in HIV/AIDS.
- Develop high-level communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policymakers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through development of communications products (Electronic and Print)
- Work closely with the RISE senior management and technical leads to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy.
- Develop and updated RISE communication plan. execute the communications strategy and plans for RISE Nigeria.
- Develop a repository of relevant RISE documents and materials on One Jhpiego.
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Providing guidance on tools and strategies on how best to engage field staff in an interactive two-way flow of information and communication and how to improve the flow of knowledge and information coming from the field so it can be disseminated globally
- Identifying cross cutting capacity building needs of technical and programmatic staff, plan and coordinate KM brown bag sessions for RISE and Jhpiego team
- Develop stories/narratives reports about the work and best practices of RISE for a variety of media.
- Ensure cohesion across knowledge and learning activities in- country.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication materials.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Work closely with RISE staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- Identify international meetings, working groups and events that require participation and presence
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed and maintain KM systems
- Contribute to Program management and State support program planning, implementation and reporting
- Contribute to program design, workplan development and tracking systems
- Contribute to strengthening National stakeholder’s engagement activities and relevant products
- Undertake duties as specified by the Deputy Chief of Party and other assigned authorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field
- 7 – 8 Years’ experience working in knowledge management and communications for public health, especially USAID development projects in HIV/AIDS;
- Experience working with infographics software
- Comprehensive understanding of current HIV/AIDS technical priorities and players.
- Proven capacity to carry-out research, analysis, strategic planning and work planning activities.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong program management and analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office, creative software, infographic programs
- Ability to develop compelling infographics to support data and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment, with self-motivation
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Deadline: 31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word to: email@example.com using “Knowledge Management Communications and Program Manager, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.