The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Responsible Event Operations Officer
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Responsible Event Operations.
- We are looking for a Responsible Event Operations, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team.
- Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the tournament at a timely and at – or above benchmark level according to the set strategy and objectives.
- Ensure all necessary resources to guarantee an efficient and high-quality build-up of the Tournament’s sub-division and oversees the Tournament’s team.
- Responsible for the successful operational implementation of the tournament.
- Work in close collaboration with all relevant departments and divisions with CAF.
- Ensure that the appropriate hosting conditions are provided for the tournaments together with CAF stakeholders, stadium/venue owners, host association, local authorities, and third-party entities.
- Review continuously and make recommendations to improve the requirements and regulations of the tournament.
- Oversee and integrate the tournaments Project Plans and detailed budgets in order to ensure the requirements of all relevant stakeholders are aligned and delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Liaise and work closely with the Tournaments and Events Director in order to align planning and objectives.
- Establish an appropriate operational structure and effective processes & polices
- Follow-up, in conjunction with the CAF Legal Affairs & Compliance department, on all legal matters related to tournaments matters and supports in making sure that activities occur in compliance with applicable local laws and CAF guidelines/instructions.
- Responsible for the spread of relevant information within the Tournaments & Events division and with other stakeholders within CAF.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related fields.
- At least 10 years’ experience as senior operational management in sport/event organization, or in a major project preferably a world class football event.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Tournament management knowledge and experience.
- Computer-literate: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and familiar with SAP.
- Experienced negotiator in an international context.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
Deadline: 15th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English or French to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, apply
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will receive consideration.