The Riverbank School is committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavours. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual. We therefore ensure that members of staff are dedicated and hardworking staff who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the security and welfare of children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Oniru, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The School Nurse would be in charge of the health care and well-being of students and staff ofthe school and also develop and implement health practices aimed at making the school functional and in conformity with global standards.
- Provide health services to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to student’s learning.
- Identify problems and disabilities and provide such services as case finding, health education, referring, and care in order to help prevent serious health problems and manage current chronic conditions.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Conduct routine temperature checks and screenings for all staff and students
- Collaborate and supervise support staff in periodic sanitation and disinfection of offices, classrooms and school area.
- Ensure all students, employees and visitors comply with the school COVID-19 prevention guidelines
- Take medical record of visitors coming into the compound (e-copies) after peak period in the morning
- Supervise the cleaners in the primary school and every office around/within the primary building
- Consult with teachers, school administrators and other school staff regarding student care
- A First Degree in Nursing.
- Must be a registered Nurse (RN) and possess relevant license
- Minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience preferably in a school environment
- Basic knowledge of diverse areas of health including mental health
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask.
Deadline: 30th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “School Nurse” as the subject of the mail.