Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Community Mobilization Officer, Cash for Work
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0014
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID / Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 15, 2022 – August 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 15 days
- Creative Associates International, Inc., acting on behalf of the Nigeria Northeast Connection in Nigeria is soliciting offers for technical expertise in accordance with the Scope of Work included in Attachment 1, and Creative’s Consultant Agreement Terms and Conditions included in Attachment 2.
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria. This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Yobe state Creative has identified Potiskum, Fune, and Damaturu as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- As earlier presented, the program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for the daily performance of relevant functions in the positions outlined. Depending on the position, such responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA shall report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager Yobe state portfolio.
Tasks To Be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and conduct advocacy visits/meeting to the targeted communities alongside the community traditional leadership and informing the community stakeholders of the intention of NE Connection Program to engage 100 youths to work for cash and dialogue for peace in Potiskum LGA.
- Coordinate and bring the communities together to create awareness on the daily cash for wok activity on the positive interaction which is essential to breed the kind of trust communities requires to help boost citizens trust in the efforts of the security agencies as good guys that mean well and are making the ultimate sacrifice to end this evil menace by VEOs in the NE and internal conflict.
- Prepare a weekly work schedule and prepare performance reports that include details of the daily cash for work activity conducted and report to the program officer within time frame stipulated.
- Monitor important community challenges requiring urgent action and informing the station manager in good time
- Coordinating as the link between the community and the community local mechanisms and the LGA through the activity.
- Ensuring that all cash for work equipment are received properly, good, received notes signed by NE Connection staff, LGA representative and representatives of the beneficiaries; all attendance are properly labeled, and a bi-weekly inventory is performed to check on the equipment.
- Designed and submit a detailed work plan on and Coordinate and facilitate the daily cash for work activity with dialogue meetings with the community members (targeted participants).
- Gathering and editing current events and happenings in Potiskum LGA for further program consideration.
- Talk to the communities about NE Connection and its mission in the LGA
- Collect information from prospective attendance about how they feel in the community.
- Be part of the grant kick-off meeting in NE Connection office.
- Write a detailed report and submit both electronic and hard copy of attendance to the organization using the approved NE Connection templates.
- Write a detailed weekly activity highlight and submit to NE Connection Communications and reporting Officer.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Submit final report in an approved NE Connection template.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc Degree in any of Social Science / Public Administration or any related field required.
- Three (03) years working experience in administrative responsibilities
- 1 – 2 years proven work experience in related field.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area (Kanuri, and Hausa).
- A strong ability to communicate fluently in Hausa, English
- Very strong and passionate commitment to a community driven project
- Very deep contextual knowledge of Yobe state
- Ability to work under penetrating pressure while also paying attention to details
- Experience working in a community radio station, any of the positions listed above is an added advantage
- Previous work experience as a community mobilizer is also an added advantage
- Ability to read, write simple and interpret simple sentence and figures
- Must be resident and will work in Yobe State
- Ability to speak local dialect of at least two languages in Yobe is an added advantage.
- Must be willing to travel to nearby locations within the coverage areas to perform any other relevant duties.
Estimated Total Cost
Daily rate should be around NGN13, 842.00.
Deadline: 31st May, 2022 at 05:00PM Nigerian Time.
Questions Due Date
25th May, 2022 at 02:00PM Nigerian Time.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: Procurement@connection-nigeria.com Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
- Please submit the following documents below to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to email@example.com no later than the above date. No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/26/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and AnnexesB/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE
Leave a Reply