Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer Planning Manager – Spirits & RTDs – Shopper Insights Pan
Job ID: JR1066760
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Consumer Planning Manager Spirits must ensure that brand strategy & communication is founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer.
- The role drives world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be used to grow our Mainstream and International Premium Spirit brands.
- The role is the custodian of consumer insights, and build an understanding of the consumer, which is based on opportunities and challenges, thorough & grounded, compelling / easy to understand, proactive & timely.
- The role is the custodian of Shopper insights, and build an increasingly important understanding of the shopper, as Off-trade contribution continues growing.
- The role delivers Measurement and Evaluation for key advertising and promotional projects
- Proactively defines & communicates market, categories, and brands opportunities for growth, and articulates what it will take to realize these opportunities
- Externally attentive -to culture, trade and consumer trends, and marketplace dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication by facilitating a deep understanding of the consumer and shopper.
- Seeks out deep consumer insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, practical implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a relevant, practical way
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues
- Lead regular brand activity reviews, keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking (DWBB/NGM) for Spirits and the shopper vertical
- Ensures learnings from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our A&P spend
- Ruthlessly prioritizes and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
- University Degree in Marketing / Business or other related field preferred though not crucial. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a planning, brand & consumer focus, or a related agency background
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Experience of the Beverage industry is helpful however not crucial
- Validated and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3 – 5 years)
- Developing or Experienced level on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & skill.
- Is experienced at handling key partners nationally & internationally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online