Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: COVID-19 Public Health Specialist
Reference ID: req14600
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community / local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- In support of Nigeria’s national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of a Public Health (PH) Specialist to provide strategic, programmatic, and support roles on project activities related to providing technical assistance to national Global Fund COVID-19 grantees, and supporting other stakeholders on COVID-19 surveillance, vaccination, and other service delivery.
- The PH Specialist will provide technical assistance in the implementation and continued work regarding COVID-19 vaccine distribution, case management, oxygen supply systems, and administration plan activities with relevant ministries, departments, and agencies (MDAs) such as the Federal Ministry of Health, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and others.
- The PH Specialist will report to the Data.FI Nigeria Deputy Country Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical inputs to the project’s COVID-19 Strategy and support agency-wide efforts to design or modify project activities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ensure that the Data.FI COVID-19 Strategy – focusing on strengthening health information systems – and accompanying guidance/tools is aligned with external guidance from WHO, National, and best practices emerging from the public health response.
- Provide monthly technical reports of activities, progress, barriers, and success with a plan to address the barriers which will form part of the Data.FI Nigeria monthly COVID-19 bulletin.
- Provide technical support to state teams and sectors to mainstream other public health areas into the PH emergency operations centers (EOCs).
- Work with the National SI Advisor and Capacity Building Advisor to develop and disseminate resources to assist the MDAs and state agencies in their deliverables.
- Provide COVID-19-related expertise and coordinate regular updating of technical information notes and briefings, in line with National, CDC, and WHO technical guidance.
- Provide technical support to the relevant agencies on the inventory of vaccines and supplies, COVID-19 vaccine storage and handling, administration, and implementation protocols based on National and WHO guidelines.
- Keep staff updated on the best scientific evidence and best program practices.
- Support state staff on quality implementation of COVID-19 activities.
- Develop internal guidance to assist regions and post programs in disseminating and applying.
- Liaise with the COVID National SI Advisor to promote a strong learning agenda as countries adapt programming and take on new programming.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and techniques used to develop and deliver public health or health-related programs in international and local settings.
- Working knowledge of COVID-19 vaccine distribution systems, national guidelines for COVID-19 case management, and logistics systems, including oxygen distribution systems.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and provide support.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of the Surveillance Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS), District Health Information Software, version 2 (DHIS2) system, and existing supply chain systems supporting COVID-19 epidemic interventions.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Skills in data analysis with proficiency in a statistical package.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online