Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) Center is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Operations Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Finance & Operations Manager
- The Operations & Finance Officer is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting.
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year-end audit preparation and supporting the Country Operations Manager with budget and forecasting activities.
- This position will also be responsible for ensuring that field office financial management is consistent with the country office and grant regulations, and that consolidation of this information is seamless and accurate.
- He will work under supervision of Country Operations Manager and finance for all grant and financial management at field office.
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Support the coordination of relevant project BvA processes.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates project knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices.
- Tracking grants spend and provide relevant data for decision making
- Maintain an updated program equipment, tools and accessories in liaison with Logistic and Admin including those of program partners supported by CIVIC.
- Support, planning and programming work to be done quarterly in reference to the workplans
- Support the upholding the donor rules and regulation/compliance issues
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Educational Qualification & Experience Requirements
- B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial accounting package/ reporting software a plus.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hausa is required.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal-All staff (Program & Operation staff)
- External -Donors Representatives & Vendors.
Deadline: 13th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equal Opportunity: CIVIC is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
- CIVIC is not able to sponsor employees now, therefore, please ensure that you are able to legally work in this location when applying. Upon offer, the candidate will be asked to provide a copy of their passport, National ID, work permit, or other documentation which allows them to work in the specified location.
- Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:CIVIC does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. CIVIC does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.