MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager – Business Intelligence and Strategy (Marketing)
Job Identification: 1407
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 4
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
- Provide technical leadership/advice in the formulation and development of Business Intelligence framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Provide research on various market related topics of value to MTNN including advertising, products, pricing, concepts, markets, etc. and offer value-adding insights and analysis.
- Develop Business Intelligence strategies and initiatives to meet targets in alignment with the division/MTN corporate strategy and in response to events or changes impacting departmental activities.
- Provide strategic direction to Senior Manager business planning and analysis (in areas such as methodology, market sizing, price elasticity, customer usage, product management, etc.) and provide oversight on monthly forecast (subscribers, share, ARPU, revenue, gross margin, etc.).
- Ensure the integrity of enterprise financial information by conforming to correct business rules and determine the financial impact of any new/amendment to products/promotions and or any other activity (Marketing and or S&D programs) that requires a financial feasibility impact study.
- Obtain NCC tariff approvals in conjunction with the legal and regulatory department and develop/maintain MTNN tariff/pricing strategy on all commercial/retail tariffs, as well as interconnect tariff regimes within Business Plan parameters.
- Build a clear and coherent strategy for Customer and Competitor Knowledge including providing strategic direction to the Customer and Competitor Knowledge Team in the areas of:
- Long term reporting requirements.
- Reporting systems to be incorporated into business.
- Publishing of customer and competitor reports.
- Extraction, utilization and sharing of insights.
- Competitive behavior and prediction of future competitive behavior.
- Feedback to market on possible competitive and market reactions to market initiatives.
- Publication of customer data (Usage, behavior, ARPU, etc.) by geography and product.
- Provision of Product information.
- Development of Geographical/Regional information/analysis; and
- Provision of ongoing and ad-hoc reports on key elements of the business.
- Provide and contribute to the development, consolidation and enhancement of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) system and provide valuable business reports for executive management and other business users.
- Create and maintain a governance structure for processes and ensure processes and policies are developed, documented and maintained in accordance with established set/industry guidelines and benchmarks.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Develop an enterprise level understanding of MTNN’s existing customer base to the business through the building and maintenance of detailed, accurate and up-to-date customer knowledge/reporting of:
- MTNN’s subscriber profile (usage, behavior, ARPU, etc.) by geography, product etc.
- Product Portfolio.
- Competitor Analysis and Monitoring.
- Geographical/Regional Statistics.
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc reports on essential “health indicators” of the business.
- Evaluation of product/activity/promotion (tariff regime) including pre-and post-launch evaluation.
- Coach and mentor the Business Intelligence team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- A First Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or any other related discipline would be advantageous
- Fluent in English.
Minimum of 12 years work experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding of emerging markets is advantageous)
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in the following:
- Business Planning
- Product/Service Feasibility Assessment
- Marketing Strategy Development
- Information & Knowledge management
- Work experience across diverse cultures and geographies.
Deadline: 10th June, 2022 at 23:59.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online