IBS Hotel Nigeria Limited is a hospitality outfit delivering a world-class experience to customers in an elegant and the state-of-the-art hotel facility making unforgettable aura of the homely feelings away from home. IBS Hotel is economically disposed to give aesthetic and ambiance of sophistication to guests from all walks of life with an apt consideration for customer centricity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Chef
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
- Overseeing all kitchen operations.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders to replenish stock.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality/related field
- Advanced Diploma from Culinary School
- Relevant Professional Certifications
- Past experience as a working chef.
- Advanced knowledge of the culinary arts.
- Perfectionism in sanitation and quality control.
- Portfolio of creative, unique dishes.
- Expert multitasking ability.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to run stocktaking and place orders for resupply.
- Exemplary work ethic in a high-pressure environment.
- Passion and pride for delighting people with food.
Deadline: 11th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply