mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intake Coordinator
- In this position, you will be a part of the team cohort supporting members to enroll into the program, as well as facilitate fulfillment of their specific care needs.
- Here you will often be the first point of contact for mDoc. Your work will frequently be hub and field-based, extending out in the surrounding neighborhood and community but there will also be a large virtual component as well.
- You will be expected to follow standardized guidelines for managing incoming and outgoing communications while personalizing the support at the same time.
- Along with the mDoc leadership team, you will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of mDoc Healthcare, including respect for our members and team members.
- Providing optimal member-centred care and experience is of critical importance to mDoc so we are looking for people who embody this in mind and action.
- You must be data-driven or willing to be data-driven such that you are looking constantly at your member needs, responding to them and also looking at population level data and coming up with ideas on how to drive continued engagement and adherence.
- We are looking for risk-takers with a LOT of initiative who are willing to learn and grow with and add value to a startup company that wants to help people improve their health and wellness. You must be someone who is comfortable with technology.
- Welcoming members to the program.
- Facilitating upload, completion of all enrollment paperwork and entering it digitally if necessary as well as moving it along in the process flow.
- Verifying medical insurance coverage and benefits for each patient.
- Scheduling appointments for consultations, tests as needed..
- Answering phone and email inquiries.
- Addressing any member complaints or concerns and escalating.
- Performing clerical work, such as filing, copying, or faxing.
- Research and compile needed clinical resources.
- Support marketing and sales initiatives as subject matter expert.
- Review data constantly and provide feedback within expected time frames on improvements or support
- Be based in Lagos
- Be required to use technology for a majority of the work.
Skills and Qualifications
- Nursing Degree required.
- Master’s Degree or relevant qualification in social services or health-related field preferred (Nursing/Midwifery, Psychology, Counseling, Health Education, Exercise Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, etc.) preferred but not required
- Strong affinity for customer service.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support, communicate, and teach the unique culture and values of mDoc
- Technology savvy and enthusiastic adopter of work and personal tools. Must be comfortable with assisting others in using technology and working remotely
- Passion for improving health care experience, outcomes and costs
- Interest in reviewing and responding to patient and population health data
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong communication and “person-centered” skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following information below to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- A Resume or CV
- A 1-2 paragraph response in your email indicating why this job is compelling to you.