APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Advisor
Job Requisition ID: R22464
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Job type: Full time
- At Maersk, we have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
- We’re taking a big step on this journey, carrying out a vital mission: support our employees, so they can best support our customers and be a brand ambassador.
- As a People Advisor, you will support various human resources activities, you will work with the people partner and business leaders to understand the business environment, determine and develop innovative solutions to address work priorities and business needs.
- He/She will handle the execution of core HR Processes within given functional scope and ensure employee records are updated and necessary tasks are performed.
- The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe / Africa early on, you will have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation.
- The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
- You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
- In this role you will act as a focal point for employees and take ownership of managing each HR related query to conclusion to deliver a positive employee experience.
- You will join the People Advisory team to learn and understand the new HR service delivery model, processes and technology.
- On this role you will be spending your time to implement and drive activities around HR processes, change management, HR-related queries resolution for our employees and managers that leads to great and positive employee experience.
For this you will:
- Ensure adherence to HR procedures, practices, directives, systems and regulations within an assigned set of countries
- Solve HR queries online, on the phone or on site.
- Support training & change management activities, especially for frontline employees
- Manage case resolutions (opening, updating, escalating as needed, resolving and closing)
- Guide employees and leaders in using self-service in Workday and other HR systems
- Manage HR data quality and perform transactions in Workday and other HR systems
- Prepare and handle HR documentation
- Coordinate and administer onboarding and offboarding processes
- Execute required uploads/changes on the performance forms in the system
- Support HR community with administrative and executional requiring face to face employee interaction i.e. wet signatures from employees, tasks related to frontline employees
- Assist with administrative tasks related to L&D, recruitment when needed
- Support on deployment of local/PPO projects
- Provide general HR support to employees around the employee life cycle and provide guidance on HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, How-To, etc.
- Support recruiting tasks in remote locations where the recruitment processes demand special attention (cultural aspects, specific testing/assessment, security risks, etc).
- Handle documents, i.e. physical archiving of employee documents where legally required, statutory filing of local documents, etc.
- Perform workforce scheduling, and administers time and leave data entry for blue collar population
- Review and act on the feedback/comments from employees and HR users to improve the employee experience
- Collect company properties upon exit of employees (in absence of People Partner or Manager)
Who we are looking for?
- You are customer-oriented and passionate about employee experience! You have high energy and drive and efficiently manage resolution of every employee query.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an HR role; you could also have several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role and an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- A Degree in Human Resources or similar and knowledge of HR concepts are a strong plus
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial
- Experience working with HR systems, preferably Workday, would be an asset.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to manage conflict, and attention to detail
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Closure orientation and low tolerance for delays and deviations
- Fluent in English plus another regional language (list here e.g. Portuguese, Arabic and French speakers would be a plus as we are looking to grow the hub in the coming year)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online