Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Specialist – Compliance
Job Number: 1379489
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Technology Sales
Role type: Individual Contributor
- Security has never been more top of mind for governments and businesses, and Microsoft Security Solution is committed to keeping nations and citizens secure in an increasingly complex cyber landscape.
- As the largest security company in the world, we are ideally placed to think outside the box to help our customers make the world a safer place.
- Following a year of incredible success, we are excited to be expanding our team with ambitious, diversified, and driven new talent, eager to make a difference in the fight against cybercrime. We are keen to hear your thoughts on how we can further achieve our purpose. Join our team and discover unique opportunities to grow, develop and learn.
- As a Compliance Technical Specialist (TS), you will work within a virtual team of sales, technical, partner and consulting resources to educate and demonstrate the value of our Microsoft Purview, Risk Management and Privacy solutions portfolio to our customers, empowering them to protect, govern, and safeguard their sensitive data while also managing regulatory compliance requirements and maintaining customer & employee privacy. This role will design technical architecture and conduct proof across Microsoft Purview portfolio including Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Information Governance, Insider Risk Management, Advanced eDiscovery, Communications Compliance, Priva solutions.
- Being part of this team will allow you to strengthen both your consultative selling skills as well as your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based information protection and compliance solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies.
- Scale Customer Engagements: Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently, builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Information Protection and Compliance solutions, remediates blockers, searches for and uses customer references, leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Purview and adjacent technologies; proactively engages product teams to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
- Scale Through Partners: Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as liaison between the partner and team; supports partner technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams.
- Build Strategy: Captures core competitive knowledge and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies for assigned customers; provides strategic, technical, and partner input based on Microsoft capability at the account level to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner, competitor, or open-source knowledge; works with account teams to shape strategic win plan and tailor Microsoft messaging to audience using knowledge of customer feedback, specific Microsoft solutions, and their context in a competitive landscape.
- Solution Design & Proof: Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations of products, presents and applies architecture patterns to partners and customers , proves capabilities and integration into customer environment, and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft solutions for Compliance. Coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer Compliance needs. Experience to run custom demos, hands-on experience configuring and managing compliance solutions.
- Education: Builds own readiness plan, grows Compliance domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor in the Compliance solution area, increasing internal virtual teams’ understanding of Compliance solutions and new opportunities; monitors and responds to internal tech community posts and acts as a mentor within technology area.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience OR 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience OR equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of technical pre-sales, technical consulting, or related experience OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management
- Microsoft Technology & Industry Equivalent Certification:
- CISA, CISM, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, CRISC, CCEP or GRCP
- Microsoft SC-400 Certification
- Deep expertise within the areas of information protection, data risk mitigation, and privacy management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.