Sun King (Formerly Greenlight Planet) is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Executive – Retail (South East)
Department: Partnerships Sales
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
About the Role
- The Area Sales Manager will be tasked with managing and implementing Sun King direct entry for its Retail and Distribution channel in several new markets and existing markets in Nigeria.
- The Area Sales Manager will lead sales, distribution, and revenue acquisition for the Retail Sales channel for the assigned Region.
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing 3-4 Area Sales Executive & is also responsible for training & mentoring, initiating and suggesting marketing activities, conducting monthly review meets, new products launch, optimize team productivity & use new tech & apps to drive and monitor business output.
What you would be expected to do:
- Activating new business areas, recruiting, and onboarding of new business partners in the distribution and retail team (outlets growth).
- Responsible for the achievement of the revenue target with monthly & quarterly business expansion.
- Creating the best infrastructure for channel sales (team of retailers & distributors).
- Managing the business performance and best of relationship with the business partners for increased productivity.
- Back-up Infra readiness in the assigned geography to mitigate any possible risk with existing channel
- Managing strong activation drive on daily basis with complete adherence to the plan
- Execution of the management strategies with daily reporting
- Ensure 100% availability of the assigned team and basic infrastructure
- Attrition in the team must be > 10% of the team size
- Service issue resolution for the business partners within the defined TAT.
- Reaching for the support from management proactively.
- Competition tracking and inputs with business intelligence
- Daily field visit to create a highly engaged team
- Regular meeting with business partners for optimal business growth
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Management.
- Experience of 2-3 years in the retail business.
- Passionate about networking and building strong relationships.
- Comfortable working with PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Critical reasoning skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Inter-personal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Easily adaptable
- Possess clear, concise & exceptional oral, written, and visual communication skills
- The ability to write reports
- Local language proficiency is a must
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Deadline: 21st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online