Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
- Olam thrives around optimizing supply chains.
- The regional manager is a key position which is directly responsible for the implementation of the regions business road map.
- The role involves the responsibility of an entire product(s) line in Olam’s business in the region.
- The incumbent will play a critical and extremely tangible role in delivering results.
- You will be controlling the execution of all processes, including managing the supply chain from producer to exports.
- As a Branch Manager, you’re responsible for inspiring your team, create ownership opportunities, and to deliver on the following key dimensions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the business road map, as well as managing the procurement and supply chain strategy for the product(s), within the country
- You will demonstrate sound judgement within defined practices and policies and select techniques for obtaining solutions that will contribute to future results and successes
- Strong financial acumen, ability to read and comprehend tasks such as counterparty and credit risk management
- Developing and implementing business plans for the region, conducting reviews and briefing the team on organizational goals.
- Building the brand and its awareness and resolving customer problems as needed.
- As a branch manager, you are responsible for the optimal utilization of country resources
- You will be required to support the implementation of required infrastructure as per the business plan and derive maximum capacity efficiencies by eliminating controllable losses
- Coordinate with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, and approvals
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the industry within your region
- Assessing market conditions and identifying opportunities
- Adhering to high ethical and professional standards
- Ability to build teams – hiring, training, and developing team members
- Your market information and analysis would be critical in supporting the business head in trading and positional decisions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders involving formal business reviews and ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing team members and evaluating employee performance and providing feedback and guidance as needed
- Recognising employee achievements and encouraging excellence in the work environment.
- MBA with 1-3 years of post-qualification industry experience
- An understanding of how, and the willingness to go the extra mile, to bring added business value. Self-driven with a strong result orientation.
- You should be able to communicate at all levels and have distinct leadership skills.
- Outstanding Organisation Skills along with an approach that pays attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills, Advanced Skills with Microsoft Office,
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- Previous experience in Sales, Supply chain and Operations would be a big positive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a Resume / CV in order to be considered for open roles.