An upcoming and trail blazing Radio Station is looking for experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer
- The Engineers will work with other team members to plan efficient broadcast activities and ensure that the technical facilities of the station operate at optimum level within required guidelines and established budget.
- The Engineers may be required to work extra hours, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
The Engineers will be expected to perform the following functions:
- To maintain the technical facilities of the station including studios, control room, etc and ensure that programmes are broadcast on time.
- To manage the technical aspects of the station’s operations, including the coordination of live transmission and assisting with pre-recording of programmes.
- To ensure the highest quality radio signal by overseeing daily operations of the engineering and master control functions of broadcast equipment.
- To work closely with broadcast operations to keep them informed through documentation of changes to the production environment.
- To analyse systems and/or workflows to identify issues, improvements and solutions.
- To ensure that the station’s broadcast equipment is maintained and it operates within broadcast standards and guidelines provided by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and other regulatory agencies by developing, scheduling, performing, and supervising routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance of technical equipment located in the studio and at transmitter sites.
- To create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- To ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational.
- needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets which enable the station to function and compete effectively in the market.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ station-level broadcast engineering experience.
- Sound understanding of, and demonstrated expertise in handling, managing, and maintaining, sophisticated radio broadcast equipment.
- Experience in managing complex technical projects.
- Demonstrable ability to multitask and work actively as a member of more than one team.
- The ability to participate in developing project priorities, resource requirements, project scope and objectives.
- The ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision, as well to supervise and train staff in use of equipment.
- The ability to work flexible hours and on weekends as required is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online