Rayhaan Bustan & Agro Allied Limited is a world-class Agro-based company with ties and investments in various emerging markets for innovative and sustainable rice production and processing across several developing countries and around the world at large. Our facilities are known to cover the full range of rice and paddy handling – from pre-cleaning, paddy storage, dryers, hullers, polishers, rice whiteners, optical sorters to bagging, to produce best quality products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations (Production)
Location: Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in milling rice: Reviews instructions covering grade and amount of rice to be Parboiled, dried, milled, and plans operations accordingly.
- Issues instructions for adjusting destoner, dehusker, rice-cleaning machine, rice grader, rice polishing equipment, reel, scalping machine and other milling machinery.
- Observes milling process, examines rice, and issues instructions for adjustment of machinery to maintain quality and quantity of product.
- May inspect and repair machinery.
- May plan installation of machinery
- Supervise Operations of machines in the rice mill so as to get the best quality rice.
- Adjusts gate in spout to regulate the flow of rice into the machine keeping in view the load on the driving electric motor.
- Observes cleaning and hulling processes feels rice and adjusts machinery to ensure rice is processed in accordance with specifications.
- Routine cleaning of sieves and replacement of rubber rolls as and when required.
- Strict adherence to all work instructions for milling /equipment.
- Performs related duties, such as lubricating equipment and repairing machinery keep production reports.
- Proper utilization of casual workers in a different sections of the rice mill.
- Ensure machinery cleanliness and up-keep.
- Ensure to operate the machine at the best capacity.
- Check the by-products regular intervals so as to avoid loss of good rice.
- Ensure safety rules are observed in the plant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in an Agro allied, grain milling, food, and beverage manufacturing companies.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Positive attitude and great interpersonal skills.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance – Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Deadline: 31st July, 2022.