MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- To carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which client financial, physical and information resources are managed.
- To ensure strict adherence to internal and external policies, controls and procedures and maintenance of quality service delivery within the company.
- Design, implement and continuously review internal control and audit procedures.
- Review daily trade postings.
- Review monthly payroll schedules.
- Regular review of Audit Trail of Reversals, Transfers and Payment of funds.
- Perform Monthly and Quarterly review of Statutory Reports to CSCS, SEC and NSE.
- Perform rendition of weekly/monthly returns to EFCC on Anti-Money Laundering.
- Periodic review of General Ledgers (Cash Advance & Petty Cash inclusive), Trial Balance and other Final Accounts.
- Continually communicate key organizational controls, policies, approval limits within the company.
- Document Exceptions arising from Internal Control Investigations and make recommendations to the Management for review and approval.
- Assist external auditors (acting as intermediary between External Auditors and Accounts Dept) during external audits to meet their requirements and to resolve any issues identified
- Generation of Daily Internal Control Report to the MD/CEO
- Ensure safe custody of blank security instruments (dividend warrants & certificates) up to the point of printing
- Verify the proper registration of share transfers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Science / Social Science or related discipline preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration & Economics.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACIB, CISA or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Experience with a similar position in the banking sector/financial services sector.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.