Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 33 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Information System (LIS) Administrator
Location: Asokoro, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Associate Director, Lab Services
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: Full-time 40 hours / week including night shift duty, including weekends operation.
- The Laboratory Information System (LIS) Administrator is responsible for managing the LIS system and creating continuous integration and development pipelines for various medical laboratory operations and technologies on the Defence Reference Laboratory (DRL) LIS.
- S/he translates software requirements in line with the laboratory work-flow into workable programming code, upscale, and maintains the DRL LabWare Laboratory Information System.
- The incumbent will work with the program IT team and report to the Associate Director, Laboratory Services.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and implement in conjunction with the vendor and the program IT team, new software programs required for the laboratory operation.
- Troubleshoot, develop and resolve network, printing and software problems across the laboratory, and occasionally, other program supported sites linked to DRL.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with the DRL Lab management and technical support colleagues.
- Work with other laboratory technical team members to conduct the root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and or perform unit testing.
- Relating with the vendor and the program IT Lead to resolve any complex technical issues.
- S/he Develops any technical specifications and plans relating to upgrading the LIS.
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Make the right technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve a resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, detailed, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Maintain an Issues/Resolution register for all support provided by LIS vendor.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Configure and handle crypto-capable routers and Virtual Private Networks.
- Propose, plan, experiment, and implement robust authentication mechanisms – both network and host-based.
- Gather, interpret, and analyze data in forensic security investigations.
- Assist in identifying, recommending, and implementing new processes or amendments to current ones to improve team functionality and service provision to staff.
- Recommend and implement Network security for staff as a service.
- Back up, secure, and protect data.
- Installation/maintenance of printers/drivers as well as server/Operating System and required service patches, both open-sourced and proprietary.
- Responsible for the daily management of the archive facilities
- Maintain a record system and database.
- Serve as the principal custodian for the data management.
- Responsible for controlling access to the archive; ensuring that an index of materials is maintained to facilitate orderly storage and retrieval.
- Ensure that the movement of material in and out of the archive is appropriately controlled and documented.
- Support in the maintenance of quality records systems across the laboratory.
- S/he generates disaggregated and aggregated data queries and reports as requested for the program’s use.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Mentor other staff and verify their proficiency
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education / Training Requirement:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Technology.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of practical experience in a laboratory setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Eager to solve challenging problems using new technologies.
- Computer Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Must have extensive experience in LIS management including Remote Sample Logging (RSL).
- Must have flexibility in working hours or on-call availability and willing to do shift duty (including night shift) when required.
- Must be a good team player, good characters and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting expectations especially in a military environment.
- Experienced on Medical Laboratory Services in various specialties such as (Molecular Biology, Tuberculosis, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunophenotyping (CD4+/CD3), and Serology work-flow).
- Must be proficient in Standard Operating Procedures writing, review and Control.
- Must understand Good Clinical Laboratory Practice and ISO15189 Laboratory Accreditation.
- Experienced Team lead.
- Good knowledge of Zebra and Network Printers configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with cabled and wireless networks and devices as well as internet CPE.
- Experienced in Windows Server management (preferably Server 2016 onwards) and maintenance.
- Previous virtualization experience is an added advantage
- Knowledgeable on Data Analytics including data visualization and Dashboards.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Abuja.
N200,000 – N230,000 (Gross) Monthly.
Deadline: 28th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one MS Word file to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should kindly attach their Academic and Training Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applications without the attached Academic and Training Certificates will not be treated.
Leave a Reply