Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optical Networks Consultant
Job ID: 2200000EY5
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The team you’ll be part of
- The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Overall Purpose of Job
(Why does this job exist?)
- Manages and creates optics Portfolio solutions for customers in CEWA (Central East Western Africa)
- Trusted technical solutions advisor for the account in those countries.
- Support customer designs/solutions,
- RFP network design
- Provides design guidelines for optimal usage of the solutions and associated platforms in customers networks
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Manages and creates optical network portfolio solutions
- Trusted technical solutions advisor for the accounts
- Influences customer designs/solutions and RFP design support
- Provides design guidelines for optimal usage of the solutions
- Provides roadmap updates
- Deep technical optical network/Solution knowledge
- Manages customer requirements towards the ION RBC
- Provides/Collects competitive updates/information
- Manages new product introduction
- Product RFP owner for optics
- Positions/pro-actively pushes products
- Continuously seek for new applications that can be addressed with the product and/or solution
- Provides powerpoint solution presentations
- Advice on customers architectures/network evolutions
- Requests for support material maybe required in short timescales enforced by the customer so time management skills are vital
- The job requires a very good view of customers’ network architectures and practices and therefore must understand a customer operational processes and confidentiality concerns
- Because the role is an integral part of the EMEA ION RBC, the ability to work as part of a distributed team is critical.
- A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other Alcatel-Lucent groups, is essential, as is the ability to thrive under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Internal: optics RBC, Sales organization
- External: Customers
Qualifications / Profile
- Detailed understanding of optical network technologies
- Proven record in customer focusAnalytical problem solver
- Proven presentation skills
- Detailed knowledge of optics portfolio
- Must be experienced in Alcatel Lucent 1830pss and Alcatel Lucent 1850TSS
- Understanding of real customer networks
- Experience in designing optical networks
What we offer
- Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online