Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Specialist
Job number: 1417177
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Profession: Technology Sales
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
- We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and credible security professional to join our global team of Technical Specialists.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
- As a Security Technical Specialist your primary goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our range of security-focused solutions.
- Security Technical Specialist: Extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security solutions.
- Information Protection and Compliance Security Technical Specialist: Information Protection and Data Loss Prevention, Insider Risk Management as well as E-Discovery and Audit solutions.
- Cloud Endpoint Technical Security Specialist: Microsoft 365 endpoint cloud compute architecture.
- You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision, allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft Security sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies.
- Scale Customer Engagements: Remediates blockers; leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Security and adjacent technologies. Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently; builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Microsoft Security; and searches for and uses Microsoft Security customer references.
- Scale Through Partners: Engages in partner sell-with scenarios and supports partner technical capacity.
- Build Strategy: Contributes to Microsoft Security strategy development, shapes strategic win plan and tailors Microsoft messaging to audience for security opportunities. Enhances team capabilities for extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security and develops compete strategies for Microsoft Security for assigned customers.
- Solution Design & Proof: Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations, presents and applies architecture patterns, proves capabilities and integration into customer environment, and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft solutions for security. Coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer security needs.
- Education: Builds their own readiness plan and grows extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor for Microsoft Security, its integration with other Microsoft products & services, and Microsoft Security solutions generally; and increases internal virtual teams’ understanding of extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space solutions and new opportunities.
Required / Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 7+ years of related experience in technical presales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration or Azure Security Engineer valuable.
- Certification in any of the following valuable: CEH, OSCP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
We are currently hiring across a variety of teams with various levels of skills and experiences required. Below maps the minimum required qualifications to be considered for these positions:
- Experience presenting the value of technology solutions of architectures through POCs or customer presentations
- Expertise in architecting, designing and implementing Azure Active Directory (AAD), including managing identities, conditional access policies, access permissions, governance, and security hardening
- Experience with implementing and supporting Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions, including threat detection, threat response, incident and log analysis, and incident investigation
- Expertise in extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security solutions & architectures; knowledge of enterprise-level security and network architecture, data security, governance and compliance; and other technical and industry knowledge; leading technical discussions with customers and establishing rules of engagement
- Proven experience with information and data protection technologies (including encryption, key management, data loss prevention) as well as architectures and programs for Governance, Risk and Compliance such as Insider Risk Management and eDiscovery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance and related assessments/certifications for cloud and hybrid solutions.
Technical Solution Leader:
- Security & Compliance practitioner. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS)
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products
- Practitioner mindset. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud and hybrid solutions
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 preferred.
- Technical depth. Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk)
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.