Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Applications Support Analyst
Job Req ID: 22531020
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Applications Support
- Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking.
- Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business.
- Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses.
- The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi.
- Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
- The Applications Support Analyst is a developing professional role.
- Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations.
- Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices.
- Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area.
- Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided.
- Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- The Application Support Analyst is responsible for having a good understanding of app support procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to maintain, identify and define enhancements to existing applications and their operating environments; thus making recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes existing system logic and uses evaluative judgment to make recommendations and implement enhancements or fixes.
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for changes through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of business systems and industry standards; documents requirements.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas.
- Participates in validation and testing activities.
- Applies a good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area.
- Assesses the applicability of previous or similar experiences and evaluates options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Has limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of activities provided; impacts team and closely related teams.
- Exchanges ideas and information in a concise and logical manner.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience / Skills:
- 5-8 years experience or interest in applications support procedures, concepts and of other technical areas.
- Participation in some process improvements.
- Be able to work under pressure
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of banking applications and server infrastructure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate.
- As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking.
- With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online