United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
- Ensure prompt reporting of credit-related matters to Management, Rating agencies, and Regulators.
- Ensure proper collateral documents and credit records management.
- To prepare accurate and reliable credit disclosures in the Group’s Financial Statements.
- Record keeping of collateral and approval documents for reliable referencing.
- Maintain customers’ credit records in line with CBN’s requirements.
- Periodic review of Credit files to ensure completeness and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review macro-economic changes and prepare Credit Portfolio Management reports to BCC covering but not limited to the following sub-distribution reports:
- Risk Assets by Facility Types.
- Market Segmentation of Risk Assets.
- Insider-related report.
- Loans and Advances by Regional Location.
- Risk Assets Sector/Industrial Report.
- Interbank Exposures Report.
- Proper analyses of raw data received from IT teams, operations team, offshore offices, and Finacle support of IT department/ unit and prepare reports on comparative bases.
- Prepare quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly disclosure reports that FINCON integrates into the financial statements.
- Respond to requests from Fitch Ratings, S & P, AfDB, EIB, IFC, GCR, AFREXIM, MOODYS, PROPARCO, AUGUSTO-Local, etc.
- Review Collateral Release Memo and supporting documents.
- Concur to the issuance of letters of non-indebtedness on a daily basis.
- Concur to release Shipping documents in line with approval conditions on a daily basis.
- Maintain filing systems both electronic and hard copies.
- First Degree in any field.
- 3-5 years experience, out of which 3 years must have been spent in a credit risk management function.
- Related Certification will be an added advantage.
- Our ideal candidate must have a good knowledge of the Microsoft program, Numerical/Analytical skills, an up-to-date understanding of the implications of changes in macroeconomic variables, and Working knowledge of the Bank’s Apps.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Bank’s Credit Policies and procedures.
- Firm grasp of CBN monetary policies and guidelines.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and Apps.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft program.
- Numerical/Analytical skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply