The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hydration, Coffee & Tea Category Director
Job Requisition ID: R-76151
Job type: Full time
Travel Required: 00% – 25%
Job Description Summary
- Lead Hydration Sports Tea and Coffee Category Africa Operating Unit
- Reporting into Marketing Head – Africa Operating Unit
What You’ll Do for Us
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- Leads development of annual and multi-year brand growth strategies and business plans for a global and/or local brand in order to deliver against overall brand vision and business objectives
- Partners with internal (e.g. R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial, Zones) and external (e.g. customers, bottlers, suppliers) stakeholders to develop new and/or improved products, packaging and programs to meet consumer needs, deliver against brand strategies and drive System value/business objectives
- Drives commercialization of brand positioning, innovation, consumer communications/messaging and shopper marketing to deliver brand objectives via clear direction/guidance and effective resource allocation decisions
- Provides direct reports with leadership, clear direction/prioritization, and coaching to achieve work objectives, improve performance and skills, and develop career paths
- Role works closely with the global category lead for their brand to bring global visions/strategies to life
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, product development, media, consumer promotions, merchandising, licensed or specialty merchandise, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 14 or more years of experience in brand management and/or marketing in consumer-packaged goods, beverage experience ideal.
Mastery Of (Required):
- Ability to translate global brand vision/strategy through development of annual brand business plans along with corresponding resource requirements
- Strong collaboration skills including ability to build partnerships, establish trust & credibility and influence across all levels of leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to tailor communications to audience and providing clear
- Ability to effectively prioritize short and long-term business priorities and communicate & manage key tradeoffs and implications
Broad Expertise In (Good to Have):
- System operations within ko (bottlers, customers, routes-tomarket)
- Experience developing and launching step-change innovations
- Agency project management experience including budget management
- Branding, Category Management, Channels Strategy, Commercialization Strategies, Customer Insights, Demand Generation Marketing, Digital Advertising, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Marketing Strategies, Microsoft Office, Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, Segmentation, Social Media, Strategic Development.
- Ability to develop and articulate multi-year strategic plan and annual business plan for their brand within the OU.
- Develops a holistic picture of what is required to deliver these plans including alignment of key stakeholders across the value stream and making key decisions on resource needs/allocations.
- Role frequently leads communications with both internal (e.g. global brand, Commercial, Supply Chain & Technical, Zone customer/franchise teams) as well as external (e.g. bottler, customer, agency, supplier) partners
- Interactions include sharing relevant information on brand business plans, influencing others to take action in support, and negotiating components of said plans in order to enable desired outcomes
- Role interacts frequently (daily) with constituents (internal and external) that may not have completely aligned interests/ objectives
- Role is flexible in all African Operating locations
What We Can Do for You
You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes, and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft loved brands, done Sustainably, for a better shared future, we will:
- Leverage our bounderless network
- Make our cuture Code inevitable
- Build winning capabilties
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming adaptable.
Deadline: 30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: